Status and plans with CPACK
CPACK is still immature. However, it is based on flexible state-of-the-art technology such as GIT for version tracking and RDF for metadata. The system is intended as a prototype for a package manager for SWI-Prolog. New facilities will be added on as-needed basis. Below is a wishlist.
- When updating/accepting a package, do some sanity checks first.
- Provide support for removing package, indicating possible dependency problems.
- Deal with conflicts. For example, allow packages to work only with a certain branch of another package.
- Provide a rating system.
- Provide ClioPatria 1.0-style clustered search
- Provide a network of trust between users and (cloned) package servers.