This library allows management of configuration settings for Prolog applications. Applications define settings in one or multiple files using the directive setting/4 as illustrated below:
:- use_module(library(settings)). :- setting(version, atom, '1.0', 'Current version'). :- setting(timeout, number, 20, 'Timeout in seconds').
Settings are local to a module. This implies they are defined in a two-level namespace. Managing settings per module greatly simplifies assembling large applications from multiple modules that configuration through settings. This settings management library ensures proper access, loading and saving of settings.
- setting(:Name, +Type, +Default, +Comment) is det
- Define a setting. Name denotes the name of the setting, Type
its type. Default is the value before it is modified. Default
can refer to environment variables and can use arithmetic
expressions as defined by eval_default/4.
If a second declaration for a setting is encountered, it is ignored if Type and Default are the same. Otherwise a permission_error is raised.
- setting(:Name, ?Value) is nondet
- True when Name is a currently defined setting with Value. Note
setting(Name, Value)only enumerates the settings of the current module. All settings can be enumerated using
setting(Module:Name, Value). This predicate is
detif Name is ground.
- set_setting(:Name, +Value) is det
- Change a setting. Performs existence and type-checking for the
setting. If the effective value of the setting is changed it
broadcasts the event below.
settings(changed(Module:Name, Old, New))
- restore_setting(:Name) is det
- Restore the value of setting Name to its default. Broadcast a change like set_setting/2 if the current value is not the default.
- set_setting_default(:Name, +Default) is det
- Change the default for a setting. The effect is the same as set_setting/2, but the new value is considered the default when saving and restoring a setting. It is intended to change application defaults in a particular context.
- load_settings(File) is det
- load_settings(File, +Options) is det
- Load local settings from File. Succeeds if File does not exist,
setting the default save-file to File. Options are:
- Define how to handle settings that are not defined. When
error, an error is printed and the setting is ignored. when
load, the setting is loaded anyway, waiting for a definition.
- save_settings is semidet
- save_settings(+File) is semidet
- Save modified settings to File. Fails silently if the settings file cannot be written.
- current_setting(?Setting) is nondet
- True if Setting is a currently defined setting
- setting_property(+Setting, +Property) is det
- setting_property(?Setting, ?Property) is nondet
- Query currently defined settings. Property is one of
- Type of the setting.
- Default value. If this is an expression, it is evaluated.
- Location where the setting is defined.
- list_settings is det
- list_settings(+Module) is det
- List settings to
current_output. The second form only lists settings on the matching module.
- convert_setting_text(+Type, +Text, -Value)
- Converts from textual form to Prolog Value. Used to convert values obtained from the environment. Public to provide support in user-interfaces to this library.
The following predicates are exported, but not or incorrectly documented.