This module manages an ontology library. Such a library consists of a
directory with manifest files named
(Turtle). The manifest files define ontologies appearing in the library
as well as namespace mnemonics and dependencies.
The typical usage scenario is
?- rdf_attach_library('/some/directory'). ?- rdf_load_library(my_ontology).
- rdf_load_library(+Id) is det
- rdf_load_library(+Id, +Options) is det
- Load ontologies from the library. A library must first be
attached using rdf_attach_library/1. Defined Options are:
true(default), also load ontologies that are explicitely imported.
- BaseURI used for loading RDF. Local definitions in ontologies overrule this option.
- URL from which we claim to have loaded the data.
- The system does a pre-check for the existence of
all references RDF databases. If Level is
errorit reports missing databases as an error and fails. If
warningit prints them, but continues. If
silent, no checks are preformed. Default is
- Perform the load concurrently using N threads. If not specified, the number is determined by guess_concurrency/2.
false, to all the preparation, but do not execute the actual loading. See also rdf_list_library/2.
- rdf_library_source(+Id, -Source) is nondet
- True of Source is the URL that is part of the given library Id. This predicate finds all indirect dependencies. It does not check whether the source exists or is valid.
- rdf_list_library(+Id) is det
- rdf_list_library(+Id, +Options) is det
- Print library dependency tree to the terminal. Options include
options for rdf_load_library/2 and
true(default), show location we are loading
false), show name of graph
true), do not show virtual repositories.
- Atom repeated for indentation levels
- Prints known RDF library identifiers to current output.
- rdf_library_index(?Id, ?Facet) is nondet
- Query the content of the library. Defined facets are:
- Location from which to load the ontology
- Title used for the ontology
- Additional comments for the ontology
- Version information on the ontology
- imports(Type, URL)
- URLs needed by this ontology. May succeed multiple
times. Type is one of
- Base URI to use when loading documents. If BaseURI
/, the actual filename is attached.
- URL from which we claim to have loaded the RDF. If
Source ends in
/, the actual filename is attached.
- Defines how equivalent blank nodes are handled, where
Share is one of
noshare. Default is to share.
- Format of the resource. Can be used to overrule if the format as derived from the HTTP content type is wrong.
- Ontology provides definitions in the namespace URL. The formal definition of this is troublesome, but in practice it means the ontology has triples whose subjects are in the given namespace.
- The ontology depends on the given namespace. Normally means it contains triples that have predicates or objects in the given namespace.
- URL of the manifest in which this ontology is defined.
- Entry is virtual (cannot be loaded)
- Attach manifest from Source. Source is one of
- Load single manifest from this URL
- Load single manifest from this file
- Scan all subdirectories and load all
Manifest.rdffound. If Directory is a path-alias (e.g.,
ontology(.)), all referenced directories are scanned for manifest files.
Encountered namespaces are registered using rdf_register_ns/2. Encountered ontologies are added to the index. If a manifest was already loaded it will be reloaded if the modification time has changed.
- rdf_current_manifest(-URL) is nondet
- True if URL is the URL of a currently loaded manifest file.
The following predicates are exported, but not or incorrectly documented.