Delayed column generation means that more constraint columns are added to an existing LP. The following predicates are frequently used when this method is applied:
- constraint(+Name, +Constraint, +S0, -S)
- Like constraint/3, and attaches the name Name (an atom or compound term) to the new constraint.
- shadow_price(+State, +Name, -Value)
- Unifies Value with the shadow price corresponding to the linear constraint whose name is Name. State must correspond to a solved instance.
- constraint_add(+Name, +Left, +S0, -S)
- Left is a list of
Coefficient*Variableterms. The terms are added to the left-hand side of the constraint named Name. S is unified with the resulting state.
An example application of delayed column generation to solve a bin packing task is available from: metalevel.at/various/colgen/