We have three levels of identity as enumerated below. Note that these form a hierarchy: a particular user may be logged on using multiple browsers which in turn may have multiple SWISH windows opened.
- Any open SWISH window has an associated websocket, represented by the identifier returned by hub_add/3.
- Any browser, possibly having multiple open SWISH windows, is identified by a session cookie.
- The user may be logged in, either based on the cookie or on HTTP authentication.
- chat_broadcast(+Message) is det
- chat_broadcast(+Message, +Channel) is det
- Send Message to all known SWISH clients. Message is a valid JSON object, i.e., a dict or option list.
- chat_about(+DocID, +Message) is det
- Distribute a chat message about DocID.
- chat_to_profile(ProfileID, :HTML) is det
- Send a HTML notification to users logged in using ProfileID.
- The chat element is added to the navbar and managed by web/js/chat.js
- Adds a bell to indicate central chat messages
The following predicates are exported, but not or incorrectly documented.