This module is based on the
gpredis.pl by Sean Charles
for GNU-Prolog. This file greatly helped me understanding what had to be
done, although, eventually, not much of the original interface is left.
The main difference to the original client are:
- Replies are not wrapped by type in a compound term.
- String replies use the SWI-Prolog string type.
- Values can be specified as
Value as prolog, after which they are returns as a (copy of) Value. This prefixes the value using "
- Strings are in UTF-8 encoding to support full Unicode.
- Using redis_server/3, actual connections are established lazily and when a connection is lost it is automatically restarted.
- This library allows for using the Redis publish/subscribe interface. Messages are propagated using broadcast/1.