- normalize_space(-Out, +In)
- Normalize white space in In. All leading and trailing white
space is removed. All non-empty sequences for Unicode white space
characters are replaced by a single space (
\u0020) character. Out uses the same conventions as with_output_to/2 and format/3.
This section deals with predicates for language-specific string comparison operations.
- collation_key(+Atom, -Key)
- Create a Key from Atom for locale-specific
comparison. The key is defined such that if the key of atom A
precedes the key of atom B in the standard order of terms, A
is alphabetically smaller than B using the sort order of the
The Key is an implementation-defined and generally unreadable string. On systems that do not support locale handling, Key is simply unified with Atom.
- locale_sort(+List, -Sorted)
- Sort a list of atoms using the current locale. List is a list of atoms or string objects (see section 5.2). Sorted is unified with a list containing all atoms of List, sorted to the rules of the current locale. See also collation_key/2 and setlocale/3.