The library(prolog_pack) provides the SWI-Prolog package manager. This library lets you inspect installed packages, install packages, remove packages, etc. It is complemented by the built-in attach_packs/0 that makes installed packages available as libraries.
- pack_list_installed is det
- List currently installed packages. Unlike pack_list/1, only locally installed packages are displayed and no connection is made to the internet.
- Print more detailed information about Pack.
- pack_search(+Query) is det
- pack_list(+Query) is det
- Query package server and installed packages and display results.
Query is matches case-insensitively against the name and title
of known and installed packages. For each matching package, a
single line is displayed that provides:
- Installation status
- p: package, not installed
- i: installed package; up-to-date with public version
- U: installed package; can be upgraded
- A: installed package; newer than publically available
- l: installed package; not on server
?- pack_list('').lists all packages.
- Installation status
- pack_install(+Spec:atom) is det
- Install a package. Spec is one of
- Archive file name
- HTTP URL of an archive file name. This URL may contain a star (*) for the version. In this case pack_install asks for the directory content and selects the latest version.
- GIT URL (not well supported yet)
- A local directory name given as
- A package name. This queries the package repository at http://www.swi-prolog.org
After resolving the type of package, pack_install/2 is used to do the actual installation.
- pack_install(+Name, +Options) is det
- Install package Name. Processes the options below. Default
options as would be used by pack_install/1 are used to complete
the provided Options.
- Source for downloading the package
- Directory into which to install the package.
true, install in the XDG common application data path, making the pack accessible to everyone. If
false, install in the XDG user application data path, making the pack accessible for the current user only. If the option is absent, use the first existing and writable directory. If that doesn't exist find locations where it can be created and prompt the user to do so.
- Use default answer without asking the user if there is a default action.
true(default false), suppress informational progress messages.
false), upgrade package if it is already installed.
- Rebuild the foreign components. Condition is one of
if_absent(default, do nothing if the directory with foreign resources exists),
true(run `make distclean` followed by the default configure and build steps).
true(default), run the pack tests.
falseunless URL ends with =.git=), assume the URL is a GIT repository.
- Can be used if the installation source is a local directory and the file system supports symbolic links. In this case the system adds the current directory to the pack registration using a symbolic link and performs the local installation steps.
Non-interactive installation can be established using the option
interactive(false). It is adviced to install from a particular trusted URL instead of the plain pack name for unattented operation.
- pack_url_file(+URL, -File) is det
- True if File is a unique id for the referenced pack and version. Normally, that is simply the base name, but GitHub archives destroy this picture. Needed by the pack manager.
- ssl_verify(+SSL, +ProblemCert, +AllCerts, +FirstCert, +Error)
- Currently we accept all certificates. We organise our own security using SHA1 signatures, so we do not care about the source of the data.
- pack_rebuild(+Pack) is det
- Rebuilt possible foreign components of Pack.
- pack_rebuild is det
- Rebuild foreign components of all packages.
- pack_upgrade(+Pack) is semidet
- Try to upgrade the package Pack.
- pack_remove(+Name) is det
- Remove the indicated package.
- pack_property(?Pack, ?Property) is nondet
- True when Property is a property of an installed Pack. This
interface is intended for programs that wish to interact with the
package manager. Defined properties are:
- Directory into which the package is installed
- Installed version
- Full title of the package
- Registered author
- Official download URL
READMEfile (if present)
TODOfile (if present)
- atom_version(?Atom, ?Version)
- Translate between atomic version representation and term
representation. The term representation is a list of version
components as integers and can be compared using
- pack_attach(+Dir, +Options) is det
- Attach a single package in Dir. The Dir is expected to contain
prologdirectory. Options processed:
- What to do if the same package is already installed in a different
directory. Action is one of
- Warn and ignore the package
- Silently ignore the package
- Unregister the existing and insert the new package
- Determines the order of searching package library directories.
last, alternative is
The following predicates are exported, but not or incorrectly documented.